College of Polytechnics Jihlava

Cesta: VŠPJ / English version / Practical Information / Formal requirements

Formal requirements

EU citizens

Students from EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland do not need a visa to study in the Czech Republic.

The passport or other EU ID card must be valid during all the stay. Check the date of your passport expiration!

All foreigners staying in the Czech Republic longer than 30 days must register at the Foreign Police department within three days after their arrival.
However, if you stay at the College student hostel, this will be done for you by the hostel office.

Entry formalities for non-EU citizens

Information regarding visa issues is available at the website of the Ministry of the Interior (with a special section with information for schools and students).

Information about residing in the Czech Republic you can read here, more information are available here.

All international degree-seeking students will have to have his/her secondary diploma validated by the Czech authorities. For more information here

Medical insurance

All foreign nationals are required to have medical insurance valid in the Czech Republic. More information